On Sunday, May 25, 2014, Pope Francis will celebrate mass in Manger Square at 11.00 in the morning.
The instructions for those participating in the mass are as follows:
– No one will be admitted to Manger Square without a personal invitation card.
– All participants are requested to arrive by buses and arrive in Bethlehem well before 7.30 in the morning. The gates to the Square will already be open at 6.30.
– The gates to the Square will be closed at 9.30.
– At the entrance there will be a security check and participants are requested not to bring extra baggage.
– No sharp instruments or glass bottles or cans are allowed in the Square.
– Please keep the invitation card until the end of the mass.
– Please comply with the instructions of the police, security and organizers.
– Participants will be standing throughout the mass.
For the buses, arrival is planned as follows:
– From Galilee, Jaffa-Tel Aviv, Ramleh, Lydda and Jerusalem: pass through the northern Bethlehem checkpoint (300), in the direction of Nissan Circle and then uphill towards Ras Ifteis, reaching the Catholic Action Circle. Entrance through G4, alongside the Omar Mosque.
– From Jericho, Bethany, Ramallah, Jenin, Nablus: take the Wadi al-Nar Road to the Beit Sahour Circle (Ararat Hotel), going to the Water Authority, reaching the lower level of the Central Bus Station. Entrance through G1, then G2 or G3 (opposite Manger Square Hotel).